Selexis is the only company that enables biopharmaceutical companies to produce ANY recombinant therapeutic protein, because we have the ability to understand and modify our cells to address productivity and expression challenges. We have developed proprietary protein expression tools that can be used with predictability and a high commitment to safety.
Selexis SA is a scientific pioneer and global leader in mammalian (suspension-adapted CHO-K1) cell line generation that has been setting the pace of innovation in protein expression and establishing new benchmarks in bioproduction for more than a decade.
Unleashing the power of novel protein therapeutics to transform the care of and prospects for millions of patients who suffer from life-threatening diseases depends heavily on continued advances in technologies and methods for protein expression. This is particularly critical for medicines that are based on recombinant proteins, such as monoclonal antibodies, and difficult-to-express proteins, including Fc-fusion proteins, bi-specific monoclonal antibodies, and novel scaffolds.
With unparalleled proprietary technology and highly specialized expertise that can translate scientific innovation into life-saving medicines, Selexis is a leading provider of cell line expression technologies that are vital to the discovery and development of therapeutic proteins. Bolstered by our novel, proprietary SUREtechnology Platform™, we have the capabilities to facilitate the rapid, stable, safe, and cost-effective production of virtually any recombinant protein. Our combination of proprietary technology and unparalleled expertise provides seamless integration of the bioproduction continuum, spanning discovery to commercialization.
Facts at a glance
- Founded in 2001
- More than 95 partners worldwide, representing the complete spectrum of life sciences—from research laboratories and biotech startups to big pharma
- There are nearly 80 Selexis-generated research cell banks being used for commercial manufacturing in clinical trials and two marketed products in oncology and inflammation
- 154 granted patents that cover innovations in genetic elements, procedures/transfection, cell line engineering, and devices related to cell line development and protein expression
- Can move from transfection to the transfer of a high-expressing and stable production-ready research cell bank in 14 weeks (other companies often take 8-12 months)
- Selexis SA is a privately held biotechnology company
Selexis SUREtechnology Platform
- Advanced gene transfection technology and procedures
- Media and feed strategies
- Proprietary CHO-K1 cell line
- Genome and transcriptome
Continually provide breakthrough technologies fundamentally impacting and improving drug discovery, drug development, and biopharmaceutical manufacturing
Innovation and safety in developing new therapies impacting patients’ quality of life
Rapid development and engineering of clonal mammalian research cell banks (RCBs)
Full research cell bank documentation with genome characterization, traceability, and “clonality” reports