Geneva, Switzerland, 6 October 2016 – BioProcess International (BPI) has named Selexis Chairman and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Igor Fisch, PhD, as the winner of the 2016 “Excellence in Leadership Award.” This honor is part of the 2016 BioProcess International Awards, which recognize the outstanding people, organizations, and technologies that define excellence and enable more effective, less expensive biotherapeutic development and manufacturing. The winners were announced at a special ceremony during the 2016 BioProcess International Conference on Wednesday, 5 October 2016, at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center in Boston, MA.
“I am very honored to receive this recognition from such a very well-respected and experienced industry source like BioProcess International. This award is truly a reflection of the tremendous group of people at Selexis that support me and the important work in which we collectively engage as an organization,” said Dr. Fisch. “Just as our company enables cell line development services that help our biopharmaceutical partners identify and deliver innovative therapies to patients, my team enables me to do my best work on a daily basis. I also extend my congratulations to all of the finalists in this year’s program, as they have also led their teams to accomplish critical work for the biopharma industry.”
Selexis, which is a pioneering life sciences company and global leader in mammalian (suspension-adapted CHO-K1) cell line generation, achieved several notable milestones in 2016, including:
- the launch of its novel addition to the SUREtechnology Platform™, SURE CHO-Mplus™ Libraries, which were designed and constructed to address a broad range of issues surrounding recombinant protein secretion including metabolic limitations, trafficking backlogs, improper folding and altered post-translational modifications;
- signing commercial license agreements with leading international biotechnology companies, such as Laboratorios Liomont, SA; Progenics Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq:PGNX); and Pieris Pharmaceuticals;
- expanding its collaboration with the International AIDS Vaccine Initiative (IAVI) to develop high-performance research cell banks to manufacture multiple HIV envelope proteins;
- the advancement of Symphogen’s Sym015 clinical candidate, which is a multi-targeting monoclonal antibody (MAb) mixture that targets the MET receptor, into a Phase 1 dose escalation trial in patients with solid tumors, following Symphogen’s use of the Selexis SGE® (Selexis Genetic Elements) to facilitate the rapid, stable, and cost-effective expression of Sym015; and
- entering a service agreement with ASLAN Pharmaceuticals for development of a proprietary cell line for expression of ASLAN004, a novel fully human monoclonal antibody targeting IL-13R-alpha1 for potential uses in a range of allergic disorders and oncology indications as both monotherapy and in combination with existing immunotherapies.
The BPI awards, hosted by industry publication BioProcess International, celebrate the outstanding individual and team achievements, recognize emerging companies and their technologies, groundbreaking business collaborations and strategies, and corporate responsibility and technology applications that will allow the industry to deliver better, more effective treatments to a global patient base. BioProcess International hand selected and created a distinguished panel of twelve independent biopharmaceutical experts who reviewed each nomination and provided a grade (1–5) based upon rigorous criteria in order to select finalists. Twenty-four finalists were announced for eight awards covering excellence in leadership, emerging companies, corporate citizenship, excellence in facility design or retrofit, business collaborations, and best technology applications in upstream processing, downstream processing and analytical technology applications.
About Selexis SA
Selexis SA is a pioneering life sciences company and a global leader in mammalian (suspension-adapted CHO-K1) cell line generation, providing unparalleled proprietary technology and the highly specialized expertise that is necessary to translate scientific innovation into life-saving medicines for patients. Selexis’ SUREtechnology Platform™ facilitates the rapid, stable, and cost-effective production of virtually any recombinant protein and provides seamless integration of the bioproduction continuum, spanning discovery to commercialization. With more than 95 partners worldwide, nearly 80 drug products in clinical manufacturing and two commercial products utilizing its cell lines, Selexis has a history of empowering scientists and biopharmaceutical companies around the world to realize the full potential of their research. More information is available at www.selexis.com.
FOR MORE INFORMATION